Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was written in French only and translates from the Paul Martin Cook Book and translated in English in my own words but not textually.
- Remove all crust from bread.
- Cut crumb in 1 ½-inch squares and butter one face.
- Bring milk to boil; stop before it bubbles.
- With an electric mixer, blend the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Add these ingredients to milk and blend to dissolve sugar.
- In large enough enamel dish, put in the bread squares butter side down; cover it with the milk mixture.
- In a large pan, put about 2 inches of warm water and set in your bread preparation.
- Put in a preheated oven 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- Cover the pudding with the jam and back to oven for about another 10 minutes; remove from oven and let it cool and serve.
This was a very good recipe. I did use stale pound cake not bread. I also added some nuts. Thanks for sharing this very good drecipe. Jeanne
This bread pudding was delicious.
Your bread pudding always been a distinguish dessert since we were kids. You remember! Michel,Linda and Elizabeth