1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was written in French only and translates from the Paul Martin Cook Book and translated in English in my own words but not textually.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove all crust from bread.
- 2Cut crumb in 1 ½-inch squares and butter one face.
- 3Bring milk to boil; stop before it bubbles.
- 4With an electric mixer, blend the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- 5Add these ingredients to milk and blend to dissolve sugar.
- 6In large enough enamel dish, put in the bread squares butter side down; cover it with the milk mixture.
- 7In a large pan, put about 2 inches of warm water and set in your bread preparation.
- 8Put in a preheated oven 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- 9Cover the pudding with the jam and back to oven for about another 10 minutes; remove from oven and let it cool and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.5
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 179.0 mg
- Sodium 172.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: