Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Poor Man's Pudding as my family refer to it. This is just Mum's simple way of making it. We love it, sorry it's not very specific on ingredients, but it is to how much you are making, see note
- ingredients are not to specific, it is how much you want to make, only specific ingredients are the eggs and sugar.
- butter bread and cut into squares.
- layer into dish with raisins and thinly sliced apples.
- mix eggs (or more) and sugar and enough milk to cover pudding.
- bake 300-350 degrees for 1 hour.
Yummy recipe - easy and real comfort food. The applie is a nice touch. Thanks for posting it Pixie.
Good basic, easy recipe. I used heels of a loaf and a pear that I had around, dotted some jam in the layers coz I couldn't find my raisins and it was lovely. Just the thing when you fancy something pudding-y.