A nice change of pace from the same old desserts. Warm and comforting, especially for blueberry lovers.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place blueberries in medium bowl.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1 Tbsp.
- of the flour; toss with blueberries to coat.
- Spoon mixture into pie plate.
- In separate bowl, rub remaining 1 cup flour and butter together with fingertips until well blended.
- Mix in remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Add milk, egg, lemon peel and vanilla, and blend well.
- Pour batter over blueberry mixture.
- Bake until firm and golden brown, about 55 minutes.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with whipped topping if desired.