WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS!!! The cream cheese in the dumplings just sends the flavor over the moon!!! Everyone will want second helpings of this family favorite! My husband likes to have it warm with half 'n half poured over the top. If you would like to half the recipe, use a 9x9 baking dish.
- Bring blueberries, 1 1/3 cups sugar and butter to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring gently until butter is melted and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy; add milk and beat until smooth. By hand stir in bisquick mix and uncooked oats.
- Spread two-thirds of dumpling mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon blueberry mixture evenly over dumpling mixture.
- Dollop remaining dumpling mixture evenly over blueberries.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Good served warm.
Incredible! I actually used frozen mixed berries (thawing, then measuring, then adding them undrained). I decreased the sugar as someone else suggested and halved the butter. With it just a tad healthier, I'll make this one again and again!
I was really excited by the name of this recipe and was ripe ready to try yer'out when I hit the "Bisquick", on the list of ingredients. Screeeeeech, halt! <br/>I'm saddened when a "recipe" includes a pre prepared mix, especially that that adds a commercial to it's content. I hope and want to believe that those that are searching recipes on food sites and blogs are interested and health conscious enough to go the extra mile and leave out factory prepared chemical ridden ingredients. Their amalgamation into our home cooked recipes as something we pass on and feed to our families is heartbreaking. We don't want our children to grow up depending on boxes in freezers. I want my daughter to learn that bread and yogurt and all the rest can be easily and enjoyably made in the home. Being conscious of our ingredients leads to healthy bodies and healthy minds. Leave the Crocker and the DoughBoy out of our kitchens, we're just fine on our own thanks! :)
This cobbler is heavenly. I follow the recipe to a T, and it is delicious. Thanks for sharing it because I wouldn't make it any other way!