This recipe is great for picnics or pot-luck type get-togethers. It is one of my husband's favorites and doesn't seem to last long when I bake it! The freshness of the blueberries complements the rich butter layer beneath.
- Mix 1 3/4 cups flour, butter and powdered sugar in medium bowl.
- Pat in 9 x 13-inch pan and bake 15 minutes at 350°.
- While crust is baking, beat eggs lightly.
- Add sugar, remaining 1/2 cup flour, vanilla or almond extract and salt.
- Mix well.
- Gently fold in blueberries to batter.
- Pour batter over baked layer and place back in oven for 40-45 minutes at 350°.
- Top should be lightly browned.
- Cool slightly in pan.
- Cut into squares to serve.