This has been one of my favorites for years. I made it for my inlaws when my husband and I were dating. It was such a hit, I knew I was "in" when his grandmother asked me if she could share some with her friends at Bingo.
- 22 graham cracker squares, crushed (or 11 rectangles)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
For Cheesecake Filling
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
For Blueberry Sauce
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups blueberries (either fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix graham crackers, 1/2 C sugar and melted butter in a 9x13 pan.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, cream cheese and 1/2 C sugar until creamy.
- Pour onto crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat blueberries, 1/3 C sugar, water, cornstarch and lemon juice in a small sauce pan until thick (will coat the back of spoon).
- Pour over cheesecake mixture and chill.
My husband loves cheesecake and I wanted to make him a special dessert for our anniversary. I didn't have a lot of time that day so this recipe was perfect! It was delicious and looked like I spent way more time making it than I did. I followed the recipe exactly. The only thing I'd consider changing for next time is that I might make the cheesecake layer a little thicker by making it in a 11X7 pan instead of a 8X13.
I tried this for our Thanksgiving dessert and it was delicious!! I used the recipe as it read and it was perfect.
this is delicious, i made this exactly as written and would not change a thing