1/4 Photos of Blueberry Bread Pudding, Wonderful and Easy!
1 hr 5 mins
Sgt. Pepper's Note:
This is a nice and yummy twist on the traditional bread pudding, I guarantee this will be a home-run at your next meal. COOKS NOTES: Cooking time may take longer, use your good judgment! Don't forget the Whipped Cream..it is great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and picked over, remove any stems
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups bread cubes (remove crusts)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau liqueur
- whipped cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- 3Place the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Pour the orange juice and melted butter over the bread.
- 4Sprinkle on the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and using your hands, toss to coat the bread.
- 5Pour the eggs over the mixture and mix all together with a wooden spoon.
- 6Scrape the bread into a pie dish coated with baking spray and flatten the top with the back of a spoon. Place the blueberries on top in an even layer.
- 7Sprinkle with brown sugar, lemon juice and the Cointreau. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- 8To serve:.
- 9Cut into pie shaped wedges and serve warm or cool. Garnish with the whipped cream and any additional fresh blueberries.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Bread Pudding, Wonderful and Easy!
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: