This is a nice and yummy twist on the traditional bread pudding, I guarantee this will be a home-run at your next meal. COOKS NOTES: Cooking time may take longer, use your good judgment! Don't forget the Whipped Cream..it is great!
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and picked over, remove any stems
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups bread cubes (remove crusts)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau liqueur
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Place the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Pour the orange juice and melted butter over the bread.
- Sprinkle on the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and using your hands, toss to coat the bread.
- Pour the eggs over the mixture and mix all together with a wooden spoon.
- Scrape the bread into a pie dish coated with baking spray and flatten the top with the back of a spoon. Place the blueberries on top in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, lemon juice and the Cointreau. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- To serve:.
- Cut into pie shaped wedges and serve warm or cool. Garnish with the whipped cream and any additional fresh blueberries.