This is a blackberry cobbler made with a brownie topping instead of the usual 'white/beige' crusts. Blackberries and brownies are a great combination! I have had a bumper crop of blackberries this summer and wanted to try something new. I played with a few brownie recipes and this one works as a pourable topping for the berries.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, I used the microwave.
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour sweetened thickened berries in bottom of dish.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in bowl.
- Whisk in melted chocolate.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Pour batter over berries, smooth with spatula.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of brownie comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.