Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a blackberry cobbler made with a brownie topping instead of the usual 'white/beige' crusts. Blackberries and brownies are a great combination! I have had a bumper crop of blackberries this summer and wanted to try something new. I played with a few brownie recipes and this one works as a pourable topping for the berries.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, I used the microwave.
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour sweetened thickened berries in bottom of dish.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in bowl.
- Whisk in melted chocolate.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Pour batter over berries, smooth with spatula.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of brownie comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Carol, you're a genius. This worked perfectly and it tasted great! There are only two of us so I divided all the ingredients in half and baked it in a 9x9 dish for 40 minutes. I also picked 2 cups of fresh berries, mixed them with 1 T of cornstarch and 1/2 cup of sugar, and poured the mixture in the bottom of the baking dish without cooking it. It worked just fine. I salute your efforts and creativity. Delicious brownie.
OMG...I go to a yarn shop on Wednesday afternoons and once a month we have a potluck to celebrate birthdays...When I saw this recipe, I knew what was going to be made using a gallon of blackberries that were sitting in my freezer. I made as directed and only mistake was the oven was hotter than it should have been, My fault, forgot to turn it down, but it was delicious and I e-mailed the recipe to everyone in the group. Monday, I will be taking a printed copy to share with a favorite aunt. Thanks so very much for posting. Meany
A nice change of pace. I can see where this would be good with sweet cherries or raspberries as well. Followed the recipe as stated using sugarpea's suggestion for amount of sugar and cornstarch with the blackberries. Surprisingly, my family didn't really care for it that much. Enjoyed trying it, though. Thanks for sharing the recipe!