Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These sound very yummy indeed! I originally found this recipe in the UK cooking magazine Olive.
Make and share this Black Forest Chocolate Mousse Shots recipe from Food.com.
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, 70 percent solids
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon kirsch, plus a splash
- 7 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 6 cherries, with stalks still attached
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, then cool slightly.
- Beat together the egg yolks and kirsch and gently mix into the melted chocolate with 4 tbsp of the cream.
- Whisk the egg whites to firm peaks and fold them through the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into 6 shot glasses and chill.
- Softly whip the remaining cream with a splash of kirsch.
- Dollop the cream on top of each mousse and push in a cherry to decorate.
What a treat! It's decadent yet healthy. Dark chocolate is good for you and I loved the fact that there was no added sugar. The small serving is perfect since the taste is rich. This is a delicious, easy and very pretty dessert. ~Made for ZWT6 Zee Zany Zesty Cookz~ Danke!
These were super good! Very cute presentation as well.
WOW! This is awesome and can't wait to make it for guests - needing to replenish my Kirsch and chocolate. My jar of stemmed cherries is stashed away for next time around. This is just so good and makes for great presentation - yes can't wait to serve it to family and friends.