Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ben and Jerry make the best ice creams and this lovely choice is one of their best in my opinion. Give it a try and see what you think Cooking time is however long it takes your ice cream freezer to make it.
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee, good quality, freeze-dried
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk, and whisk to blend.
- Add 2-1/2 tablespoons of the coffee and cinnamon, and whisk to blend again.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's directions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the remaining 1 tablespoon coffee, then continue freezing until done.
- Makes 1 quart.
This ice cream is one of the best I made. I was not sure of the cinnamon in this but with the coffee, it tastes great. I had espresso powder instant 2 1/2 tablespoon left LOL So the other 1 tbs at the end, I used regular instant coffee. Not the same, but it did the job. I like that the preparation doesn't have to cook first. I used only 1/2 cup of sugar which was perfect. I always reduce sugar in recipes. Thanks Annacia. Made for Photo tag.
Absolutely delicious! I was searching for a simple coffee ice cream recipe with on hand ingredients, and couldn't find one until I came across this! I used my Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice coffee. It came out great.
Yummy ice cream. I made as written but only 2 t. cinnamon. Thought it would overwhelm the coffee flavor. Easy to make and will make many times this summer.