Ben and Jerry make the best ice creams and this lovely choice is one of their best in my opinion. Give it a try and see what you think Cooking time is however long it takes your ice cream freezer to make it.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk, and whisk to blend.
- Add 2-1/2 tablespoons of the coffee and cinnamon, and whisk to blend again.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's directions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the remaining 1 tablespoon coffee, then continue freezing until done.
- Makes 1 quart.