Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A German dessert found for the ZWT '05.
Make and share this Bavarian Strawberry Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (unflavored)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- fresh fruit, for decoration (peach, cherry, apple, orange, apricot, black or red currants)
- Slice strawberries and mix with the sugar. Set aside until sugar dissolves.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes, then heat a little bit until gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add gelatin and lemon juice to sliced berries. Add in the whipped cream. Pour into a fancy mold or serving dish. Chill in the fridge until set.
- Carefully unmold and serve. Decorate with the slices of lemon and/or orange (optional).
Great dessert and easy to make! DH loved this and wants me to make it again soon. I didnt do to well when unmolding but that didnt affect the flavor at all. Topped with remaining strawberries before serving. Made and reviewed for Vegetarian/Vegan Swap.
ZWT4: AWESOME!! I had this dessert many years ago and never asked for the recipe and now I have it! Delicious!
I made this with the fresh strawberries from my garden. But made the big mistake of leaving it in the hot water to unmold it a bit too long, so stuck it back in the fridge to set it back again. Sorry the pic looks so bad. But this was absolutely delicious dispite my error. Thank you for sharing this recipe.