Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are very tasty fried apples, low in sugar and fat. Great as a dessert served with sugar-free ice cream. Also good served as a side with pork. Use any apple, I like to use fuji or golden delicious.
- 6 -8 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in skillet, add the sliced apples; I add a little water, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add brown sugar splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg if using, stir & cover, cook about 5 minutes.
This was made using 2 medium apples, 1 gala and 1 granny smith. The peel was left on the apples. The Splenda was reduced by about half and the cinnamon and nutmeg was sprinkled over all.
I am so glad I ran across this recipe. I do not eat ice cream or pork (personal choices), but these are fabulous with oatmeal or on top of whole wheat pancakes. The only thing I changed is I added a smidgeon of grated ginger (you have to try). I have also substituted pears and they turn out just as good as the apples. Thanks for the recipe.
What a wonderful tasting recipe this is Barb------Thanks for posting and i'll add this to my favorites.