Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great recipe I found for the WT 5. Wonderful Old Party Treats to Enjoy from Australia. This recipe is easy to double, triple.
- 1⁄2 ounce chocolate
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 bananas
- Break chocolate into pieces, put in saucepan with butter, golden syrup and milk.
- Cook over a gentle heat and stir until melted. Remove from heat, stir in cream,
- Peel bananas and cut into chunky slices and put in 2 serving dishes.
- Pour over chocolate sauce.
This was a quick and simple afternoon snack! I made just as posted and it was delicious... Will be making this again! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT5
Easy and delicious! I didn't bother with having both milk and cream. I just used half-and-half; it worked out great. For the nuts, I used some mixed nuts I had on hand, namely brazil nuts, cashews and pecans. I didn't cook this stovetop; I did it in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. I didn't overcook it; it was just right. My husband dismisses all fruit unless it's in the form of an apple pie. I thought I'd offer him some nonetheless, and he really liked it. Thanks for a great recipe! ZWT5