Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this recipe prepared by Bobby Flay on "Boy Meets Grill". It is so delicious I wanted to share with everyone.
- Heat pan to high. Melt butter, whisk in the sugar and cook until melted and smooth.
- Stand back and carefully add the bourbon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pecans and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add bananas and spoon sauce over them constantly until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Scoop the bananas into bowls and garnish with a scoop of ice cream.
This is awesome!! Even THE PICKY ONE liked it!! A few suggestions...have everything prepped before starting because it comes together QUICKLY & will burn/overcaramelize!! And have a large pot lid handy if the flames get too high, lol. It was a wee bit scary for a second! Absolutely delicious. This would be great on pancakes, waffles, ice cream, pound cake or just under some whipped cream. ;) Made for PAC 4/09.