A different take on banana pudding.
Make and share this Banana Pudding With Graham-Cracker Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 5 1⁄8 ounces instant vanilla pudding, prepared and chilled (can sub 1 Large Sized Box of Cook & Serve or Your Own Recipe)
- 1 cup cold heavy cream, whipped to firm peaks with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, stir the graham-cracker crumbs and melted butter together. Press the crumb mixture onto the baking sheet in a circle that is approximately 8 inches in diameter. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Use a small spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate chips thickly over the baked crumbs on the baking sheet. Let the crunch sit until the chocolate is firm. [The chocolate holds the crunch together in large pieces so it does not crumble when it is transferred to the pudding. I always have a problem with this step, but if it crumbles it doesn't alter the flavor :-)].
- In the bottom of a 2-quart serving bowl, spread 1/2 of the banana slices. Spread about 1/2 of the pudding over the bananas and sprinkle about 1/3 of the graham crunch (breaking it up with a spatula as you transfer it) over the pudding. Repeat the layering once.
- Spread the whipped cream over the crunch and sprinkle with the remaining crunch. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight and serve cold.