1/1 Photo of Banana Pudding With Graham-Cracker Crunch
A different take on banana pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 5 1/8 ounces instant vanilla pudding, prepared and chilled (can sub 1 Large Sized Box of Cook & Serve or Your Own Recipe)
- 1 cup cold heavy cream, whipped to firm peaks with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, stir the graham-cracker crumbs and melted butter together. Press the crumb mixture onto the baking sheet in a circle that is approximately 8 inches in diameter. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2Use a small spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate chips thickly over the baked crumbs on the baking sheet. Let the crunch sit until the chocolate is firm. [The chocolate holds the crunch together in large pieces so it does not crumble when it is transferred to the pudding. I always have a problem with this step, but if it crumbles it doesn't alter the flavor :-)].
- 3In the bottom of a 2-quart serving bowl, spread 1/2 of the banana slices. Spread about 1/2 of the pudding over the bananas and sprinkle about 1/3 of the graham crunch (breaking it up with a spatula as you transfer it) over the pudding. Repeat the layering once.
- 4Spread the whipped cream over the crunch and sprinkle with the remaining crunch. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight and serve cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pudding With Graham-Cracker Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.5
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 491.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g