1/2 Photos of Banana Casserole
A Cuban dessert recipe adapted from Bake Until Bubbly by Clifford Wright. This could be adapted to individual ramekins--that way you could downsize the recipe. You could also add more caramel sauce and whipped cream. I have changed this a bit after looking at Chef#296809's excellent suggestions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Microwave 4 tablespoons of the butter in small dish until melted; add the raisins and brandy and let the raisins "plump up".
- 3Lightly butter a 2 quart baking casserole.
- 4Use the remaining butter to "butter" the bananas.
- 5Arrange half of the banana halves in the casserole.
- 6Sprinkle half of the brown sugar on top.
- 7Sprinkle with half of the raisin mixture and all of the pecans.
- 8Repeat the layering with the remaining ingredients.
- 9Bake until bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- 10Let rest 5 minutes, then serve hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.6
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 11.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g