1/2 Photos of Banana Bread Pudding
Oh my goodness! What a recipe. I really don't know what to say, except incredible!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups day old bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Place bread cubes into greased 2-quart casserole; pour butter over and toss to coat.
- 3In medium bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- 4Stir in the bananas. Pour over bread and stir to coat.
- 5Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 6While baking, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter.
- 7Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- 8Boil 1 minute then remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 9Serve warm over warm pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 144.2 mg
- Sodium 565.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 9.5 g