I served this in wine glasses & topped with whipped cream for dessert on Valentine's Day! It was the first time that I made it but it certainly won't be the last. Use sweet, semi-sweet or dark bittersweet chocolate according to how sweet your tooth is. Timing doesn't include refrigeration.
- Combine sugar & cornstarch in a heavy, medium saucepan.
- Add milk& whisk until dry ingredients are dissolved.
- Whisk in egg yolk & cream.
- Cook, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a full boil & thickens.
- Remove from heat & whisk in Bailey's.
- Add chocolate & whisk until melted& smooth.
- Pour pudding into ramekins or serving dishes.
- Let cool slightly & cover the tops with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Refrigerate until chilled- a minimum of 2 hours.
- To serve, garnish with chocolate curls or cocoa powder or whipped cream or all three!