1/2 Photos of Aunt Hannah’s Foolproof Peanut Butter Fudge
Creamy. Soft. Peanut Buttery. My sister-in-law gave me this recipe nearly 30 years ago, and my family and friends have insisted that I make multiple batches of it during the Holidays ever since. They’ve been known to monitor the amount they each receive in goodie packages, and to actually fight over it. I usually omit the nuts, so that the creamy, melt in your mouth texture isn’t hindered.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly butter or grease a 13x9 pan; set aside.
- 2Measure out peanut butter, marshmallow creme and vanilla onto a large, lightly buttered or greased plate; set aside.
- 3Place evaporated milk and sugar into a large heavy pot; stir until combined. Add butter or margarine and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring; adjust heat until a consistent medium-boil is achieved. (You need to lower the heat if the bubbles are popping and spurting dangerously close to your hand while stirring.).
- 5Boil 12 minutes (more or less), stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat; quickly add remaining ingredients and beat by hand until thoroughly combined.
- 7Pour into prepared pan. Let cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 8Note for subsequent batches: If your batch is less firm than you’d like, increase cooking time a minute or so. If it’s too firm, or becomes dry or crystal-ly when cooled, decrease cooking time or add more peanut butter.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Hannah’s Foolproof Peanut Butter Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (2124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8164.2
- Calories from Fat 2865
- Total Fat 318.4 g
- Saturated Fat 115.7 g
- Cholesterol 342.6 mg
- Sodium 3326.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1278.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.0 g
- Sugars 1133.8 g
- Protein 125.4 g