1/5 Photos of Apple Turnovers
I saw this being made on sunrise television programme and just had to try it. These are so easy, and make a very nice dessert. I used fresh apples and they turned out fantastic. I dusted the tops with some cing sugar and served with cream, the family loved them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place apples in a bowl with sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- 2Cut pastry sheets into quarters.
- 3Spoon 2 tablespoons of the apple mixture and 1 teaspoon jam onto one half of each pastry square.
- 4Brush each square with a little of the egg around edge of pastry.
- 5Fold over pastry to enclose filling, then pinch and fold edges to seal.
- 6Place turnovers on oven trays lined with baking paper.
- 7Brush tops with remaining egg.
- 8Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- 9Sprinkle with some sifted icing sugar if desired.
- 10The turnovers are best served warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.2
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 164.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g