1/3 Photos of Apple Gingerbread Bread Pudding
1 hr 45 mins
If you want a dessert to die for this is it. Nothing says comfort and home like this one does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the gingerbread into cubes. Place in a generously buttered 8 x 8 x 2" pan. Top with the apple and currants. Set aside.
- 2Scald the milk, cream, and vanilla bean. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the eggs, yolks, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Hand whip until mixed.
- 3Temper the egg mixture with the milk mixture (pour the hot milk mixture a little at a time into the egg mixture while whipping so as not to scramble the egg mixture). Strain through a sieve into your prepared pan.
- 4Press the gingerbread down to ensure complete coverage with the liquid. Let sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F
- 6Cover the pan with foil. Bake in a water bath for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until done. Remove the foil during the last 20 minutes of baking to brown the top. Baking times may vary with your oven. Cut into squares and serve hot.
- 7Serves 6 to 9.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Gingerbread Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 180.5 mg
- Sodium 108.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: