Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Ready Steady Cook and presented by Janelle Bloom. Times and servings are estimates
Make and share this Apple Fritters With Cinnamon Sugar and Caramel Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- cold water (icy cold)
- 2 apples (pink lady recommended, cored and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream (pouring)
- Fritters - pour oil into a medium saucepan until one-third full.
- Heat over medium high heat until hot.
- Combine the flours and sugar with enough ice cold water to make a batter the consistency of thickened (doubled) cream.
- Coat the sliced apples in the batter and deep fry in batches for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, remove to a wire rack to drain.
- Cinnamon Sugar - combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Caramel Sauce - combine the butter and sugar in a small saucepan, place over medium heat and cook 3 - 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stir in the cream and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Place the fitters on serving plates, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar, pour over caramel sauce and enjoy.
I doubled this recipe because I knew my family and I had a feeling it was going to be a winner and that my family would want seconds. I was right! These are super yummy breakfast treat. I made extra of the cinnamon sugar mixture because I wanted to coat the apple fritters with the cinnamon/sugar mixture instead of sprinkling. The caramel sauce was yummo too. My family and I truly enjoyed this recipe and it's a definate keeper. tag game.
These were great! Loved the crisp outside and the batter was so easy to mix up. I served them as part of "dinner for breakfast" with maple syrup instead of caramel which worked well. A very nice treat with out fun dinner.
I made these as an after-school snack for my GD and her frieds. They scoffed them up and all gave a thumbs up. Coming from this finicky group that means five stars.