1/3 Photos of Apple Fritters With Cinnamon Sugar and Caramel Sauce
From Ready Steady Cook and presented by Janelle Bloom. Times and servings are estimates
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- cold water (icy cold)
- 2 apples (pink lady recommended, cored and sliced)
- 1Fritters - pour oil into a medium saucepan until one-third full.
- 2Heat over medium high heat until hot.
- 3Combine the flours and sugar with enough ice cold water to make a batter the consistency of thickened (doubled) cream.
- 4Coat the sliced apples in the batter and deep fry in batches for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, remove to a wire rack to drain.
- 5Cinnamon Sugar - combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 6Caramel Sauce - combine the butter and sugar in a small saucepan, place over medium heat and cook 3 - 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stir in the cream and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- 7Place the fitters on serving plates, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar, pour over caramel sauce and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Fritters With Cinnamon Sugar and Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 950.3
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.4 mg
- Sodium 246.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 136.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 79.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g