Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Saw this on food network show Down Home with the Neely's. Simple and yummy, what more can you ask for?
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the Filling:
- Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 7 to 8-ounce ramekins.
- For topping:.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea size lumps. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
- Bake crisps for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
You could serve this to the queen and it would put a smile on her face! Very delicious served with real whip cream on top!
Wonderful recipe!!! I made this recipe for Thanksgiving. I figured my family and friends would be stuffed from the turkey and sides and not want to eat a very heavy dessert. This recipe was great, small, easy and oh so good. The morning of, I peeled/sliced the apples, drizzled the lemon juice and the maple syrup, mixed/placed them in a container and put them in the fridge. I measured the remaining ingredients and placed them into baggies (except butter and pecans) - 1 - filling, 2 -topping and 3 - crushed pecans. When it was time to make the recipe, I quickly added the remaining filling ingredients to the apples (made sure to mix well, so there was no flour after taste) and filled 6 (7 - 8 oz) ramekins including the juice from the apples/lemon. Mixed the topping ingredients and added them to the ramekins. No need to butter the ramekins. After baking them, I let them cool a little and added two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream w/ a sprinkle of cinnammon. Thank you for the posting Kara !!! So easy and yummy.
I made this for Sunday dessert using honeycrisp & granny smith apples..YUM!! I followed instruction on this recipe but added freshly ground nutmeg to both the filling & topping. I also used splenda brown sugar..this recipe ROCKS bigtime! Thanks for sharing KaraRN!