Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Saw this on food network show Down Home with the Neely's. Simple and yummy, what more can you ask for?
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the Filling:
- Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 7 to 8-ounce ramekins.
- For topping:.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea size lumps. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
- Bake crisps for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
You could serve this to the queen and it would put a smile on her face! Very delicious served with real whip cream on top!
Wonderful recipe!!! I made this recipe for Thanksgiving. I figured my family and friends would be stuffed from the turkey and sides and not want to eat a very heavy dessert. This recipe was great, small, easy and oh so good. The morning of, I peeled/sliced the apples, drizzled the lemon juice and the maple syrup, mixed/placed them in a container and put them in the fridge. I measured the remaining ingredients and placed them into baggies (except butter and pecans) - 1 - filling, 2 -topping and 3 - crushed pecans. When it was time to make the recipe, I quickly added the remaining filling ingredients to the apples (made sure to mix well, so there was no flour after taste) and filled 6 (7 - 8 oz) ramekins including the juice from the apples/lemon. Mixed the topping ingredients and added them to the ramekins. No need to butter the ramekins. After baking them, I let them cool a little and added two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream w/ a sprinkle of cinnammon. Thank you for the posting Kara !!! So easy and yummy.
I made this for Sunday dessert using honeycrisp & granny smith apples..YUM!! I followed instruction on this recipe but added freshly ground nutmeg to both the filling & topping. I also used splenda brown sugar..this recipe ROCKS bigtime! Thanks for sharing KaraRN!