A favorite in my family of cheesecake lovers. If you love cheesecake and love apples, well just wait till you try this combination.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 golden delicious apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Crust: Beat and combine the sugar, butter and shortening.
- Add the vanilla, flour and salt till crumbly.
- Pat into 10" springform pan and set aside.
- Filling: Beat together the cream cheese sugar and vanilla till fluffy.
- Add the eggs.
- Pour into crust.
- Topping: Place apples in pan, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Allow to cool then pour onto cream cheese filling, spreading evenly.
- Combine the sugar& cinnamon and sprinkle on top of apples.
- Top with the almonds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cover and chill 4-24 hours.
Loved this recipe! I used two premade pie crusts to make a double batch. I only needed to make a batch and a half of the filling to make it work. I also added carmel on top of the apples...amazing!
Oh what a treat this was! My sister and I went apple picking and got some Macintosh apples.. A WHOLE LOT OF THEM! This is the first thing we made and it was excellent!!! The filling was creamy like cheesecake but the apples on top along with the crust just sent it over the top for us! Need I say delicious? Well ok then DELICIOUS!!! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Dojemi! Linda
This was my very first cheesecake! It was amazing! My bf is now constantly harassing me to make it again. Thanks for making my first cheesecake a success.