1/3 Photos of Amish Cinnamon Buns 1994 ( Indiana)
4 hrs 15 mins
this makes 8 - 10 LARGE rolls, or 27 small rolls..
My Private Note
med. ro ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups warm tap water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes (no seasonings or milk)
- 1 large egg
- 6 teaspoons active dry yeast (3 envelopes)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (first addition)
- 2 1/2-3 cups all-purpose flour (second addition)
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1In a large mixer place the warm water, sugar, oil, potatoes, egg and salt, mix well.
- 2Add the yeast, and combine well.
- 3Add the milk powder, and the first addition of flour.
- 4Beat for three or four minutes.
- 5Gradually add the second addition of flour, and when workable, place on a floured board, and knead for ten minutes.
- 6Grease a large bowl and place dough ball into bowl, greasing the top of dough.
- 7Cover with towel and let rise in a warm place until double about 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Punch dough down and very thoroughly break down bubbles.
- 9Form again into a ball and cover let rise in greased bowl for one more hour.
- 10Punch down and place onto a floured surface.
- 11Roll out to 15 x 14 rectangle.
- 12Spread dough with soft butter, and sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and brown sugar over this.
- 13Tightly roll up from the long side.
- 14With serrated knife cut into 8-- 2 inch slices (8 large rolls) For smaller rolls, divide the dough into two, then roll into a 12 x 8 rectngle, fill and roll.
- 15Cut into 9 one inch slices for each rectangle.
- 16(27 rolls) Place rolls into a greased 10 inch pansat least 2 inches deep.
- 17Cover and let rise for one hour.
- 18Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 19Bake for 10 minutes, Raise the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- 20and continue to bake 5 minutes longer.
- 21Remove from oven and invert onto racks.
- 22Beat all frosting ingredients, sugar, butter, flour,vanilla, and dash salt all together.
- 23Then frost tops of cooled rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Cinnamon Buns 1994 ( Indiana)
Serving Size: 1 (2024 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 249.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g