Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a very sweet candy using the famous Italian amarettini cookies as a basis. It's quick and easy to put together and makes a great gift. It can be easily varied by subbing different alcohols or flavoured-syrups for the amaretto or using a different type of cookie as the basis. Chill time is included.
- 150 g amarettinis (Italian almond cookie)
- 75 ml Amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 150 g milk chocolate
- 25 g white chocolate or 25 g dark chocolate
- Place the amarettini in a freezer bag and crush the cookies into very fine crumbs (using a glass bottle). Place the crumbs in a bowl and stir in the amaretto.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt those using a hot water bath. Add the cookie crumbs and mix well.
- Pur the mixture onto a baking sheet and form into a rectangle of about 20X10 cm. Refrigerate for 30 minute.
- Cut the hardened mass into small cubes (2X2.5cm).
- For garnish: Melt the chocolate using a hot water bath, fill it into a freezer bag, cut off a tiny edge and decorate the cubes with the chocolate. For a variation you could also use two different kinds of chocolate.
- Place in a box and store in a cool place (these will keep up to ten days).
WOW WOW WOW !!!!! GREAT GREAT COOKIES. All I can say definately making again. Best baked candy I have had in a long time. Made for PRMR tag.
YUM YUM YUM I used a semi sweet chocolate. At first the Amaretto was a bit strong for me but the nxt day these are FABULOUS. Easy and simple. I love how it makes such a nice small batch. I drizzled them with white chocolate Made for 1,2,3 Hit Wonders
Potluck Tag 09: Fabulous!! These candies are decadent!! Next time I will double the batch!