Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This quick and easy to make recipe is from the bakery at the Schloss Hotel Kronberg, Frankfurt, Germany.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, unbleached
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, Ground
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, rum, vanilla, and milk. Mix cinnamon, baking powder, and flour.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Gently mix in almonds, orange rind, and raisins. Pour batter into greased muffin tins, filling half full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned.
I am always trying and baking something new & different, and the ladies I live with gave this one the BIG thumbs up! Personally, everything about these Brotchen were perfect! I have never had one batch go within minutes! I did make one change to the recipe - I used brandy instead of rum, only as was in my cupboard! These are really easy to make & taste great! Have fun! I definitely recommend this recipe!
these brotchen are more like scones,the batter is very thick, not too sweet,but good with a cup of coffee and some jam.Next time I will reduce the flour to 2 cups.I will let you know how it turned out. Thanks for sharing.