Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is the SIMPLEST treat to make, yet everyone at the staff Christmas party could not get enough of it! You won't believe how something so easy can taste so good!
- Melt butter in small saucepan, then add the brown sugar and vanilla. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil (grease foil with a little butter).
- Arrange crackers side by side on cookie sheet until it's covered.
- Pour butter/sugar/vanilla mixture evenly over crackers.
- Place in 350°F oven for 8 minutes.
- Turn oven off.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and spread the chocolate chips evenly over crackers.
- Return to oven for a minute or two (just long enough to melt chips).
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and smear chocolate chips all over crackers.
- Top with slivered almonds.
- Place in fridge or freezer to set (maybe a hour!).
- Break into pieces and serve.
- Get ready to make more, because one pan will NOT be enough!
Oh my goodness!!! Is this rich and delicious!?! Easy, easy, easy... (my favorite type of recipe) I am soooo pleased you posted this recipe....Hope you have some more like this one!!!!!