Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These were entered into a taste of home muffin contest, by Robin Henry. This recipe was in the top 12! I think it sounds absolutely amazing!! Yummy stuff!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and almonds.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
I have made this recipe many times over the past few years and they are always a hit. This morning I topped them with a but if strusel. Yum!
Great recipe! I used whole wheat. Cut sugar in half. Used 1/4 cup apple sauce and 1/4 cup vegetable oil, instead of 1/2 cup oil. Turned out very moist flavorful muffins!