1/13 Photos of 2bleu's Pecan Danish
This is a yummy treat that you can make either individual rolls or as a danish ring. Very simple and oh-so-yummy! For a quicker version (you won't need to let dough rise or any of those steps), take 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls and carefully unroll them keeping them intact and sealing the preforations so that you have one oblong sheet of pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 8 ounces water, 105F
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 small egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped (recommended Sunmaid Fruit Bits)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1PASTRY: Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add in sugar and salt, then the egg and shortening. Mix in half of the flour. Gradually add the rest of the flour until dough is easy to handle. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator about 2 hrs or until doubled. (Can set overnight and used early the next morning).
- 2Punch down dough. Roll out into an oblong shape (about 6"x14") and brush well with melted butter. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over pastry followed with the dried fruit and then the chopped pecans. Starting from the long side, roll up jellyroll fashion.
- 3FOR RING SHAPE: Place on large baking sheet joining ends together to form circle of dough. Using kitchen scissors, snip 2/3 way thru in 1 inch intervals. Lay sections on top of the next like dominos, turning them a little outwards. Let raise 1 hr or until doubled. Preheat oven to 350°F Bake until 30-40 minutes or so until done.
- 4FOR ROLLS: Slice the log into 1" slices and place disc down onto a lightly greased baking sheet for individual danish rolls. Bake 20-30 minutes.
- 5ORANGE GLAZE: Combine orange glaze ingredients adding a little orange juice at a time to make a semi thick glaze and set aside. Remove pastry from oven and allow to cool about 10-15 minutes.
- 6Brush with a thin layer of glaze then quickly sprinkle with almond slices over top and press gently to set. Spread (or pour slowly) the remaining glaze onto cooled danish. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2bleu's Pecan Danish
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 221.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g